The Lewis-Clark Summer Games are a fun and highly anticipated event held each year in Lewiston, ID and Clarkston, WA. Those that participate are 40 years of age or better! The athletes are competitive, fun, and full of life!
The Lewis-Clark Summer Games is dependent on volunteers like you to carry out each of the events. We simply would not be able to offer these events without the support of our great volunteers.
We have a large variety of sporting events to choose from. Listed below are the events that are in need of volunteer assistance, along with a brief description of what you might be doing as a volunteer. Thank you for volunteering to help us put on this great event!
LEWIS-CLARK SUMMER GAMES VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS:
- 5K Walk/Run:
- Hand out water and act as cheerleaders along the route.
- Help with registrations. Hand out t-shirts and timing chips.
Event is held outdoors, lasting approx. 2 hours, beginning at 8:30 a.m., Saturday, June 17th.
- Operate stop watch to time cyclists as they cross the finish line and record race time.
- Stand at strategic markers to direct cyclists the correct route to take, and stop oncoming traffic.
This is an outdoor event. It begins at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday June 21st. This will last approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Operate stop watches to time individual swimmer’s race.
This is an indoor event. Begins at 9:00 a.m., on Friday, June 23rd, and runs for approx. 2 hours.
- Track and Field
- Operate Stop Watches for track events (races)
- Use Measuring Tape to measure distance for field events (discus, shot put, javelin, long jump, etc)
- Retrieve discus, javelin, and shot put.
- Rake and smooth sand pits after long jumps.
This is an outdoor event. Begins at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 24th and runs until early afternoon.
- Water Delivery
- Pick up ice coolers from the LCSG office to use during the events.
- Fill coolers with ice and water bottles and deliver to event locations before the start time.
- Pick up coolers after each event is finished
- Return ice coolers to LCSG office at the end of the 4-day event.
Depending on the daily schedule of events, this could entail early morning deliveries and evening pickups.
- Flyer Delivery
- Take advertising flyers to area merchants and ask them to display in prominent areas to advertise the Lewis-Clark Summer Games.