June 22, 2017 (Thursday) Time: 9:30 a.m. – noon
Location: Booth Hall – Lewiston High School
1114 9th Avenue, Lewiston, ID
Hot Shot / Free Throw Basketball
- Free Throw
- Hot Shot
- Each contestant will shoot 25 free throws and will earn 1 point for each basket made.
- At the start of each competition, participants are allowed 2 practice shots. If one of those shots is made, the participant has the option of starting with that shot.
- Each contestant will be allowed two, 2-minute rounds to make as many baskets as possible from any of the 5 designated spots.
- Competition will start under the basket in a lay-up position.
- Each basket is worth 1 to 5 points, depending on the position from which it was taken.
- The five positions are:
- top of the key (5 points)
- free throw line (4 points)
- 12-ft shot off key on left (3 points)
- 7-ft shot up the key on right (2 points)
- lay-up (1 point)
- Consecutive shots are allowed from any position except the lay-up position.
- A 15-point bonus will be awarded if a shooter attempts a shot from each one of the designated spots during a round. This bonus is awarded only once per 2-minute round.
- The best single-round score will determine the final score.
Contestants must rebound their own shots.
Sport Coordinator: Coordinator needed – Interested? Contact Cathy Robinson @ 208-746-7787